Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Body Spelling with Dr. Jean & Friends


I was looking at all the AMAZING blogs (that I am stalking ~ again…thank you for all your ideas) for more activities to help my kiddos/friends/students learn to recognize and write their letters…I found the cutest idea on Dr. Jean's blog (www.drjeanandfriends.blogspot.com).  Instead of getting my report cards finished (by Friday) I had to make clip art and sorting/writing sheets to go with her BRILLIANT idea to use in my classroom.  Sometimes…I get an idea in my head and I have to do it now because I can’t focus on anything else…Do you ever feel that way?  Now...it is my turn to share with you!

Things you can do with body spelling are:
I     Sing the alphabet slowly saying the alphabet as they touch the appropriate body part
I     Spell out friend’s names
I     Make high frequency words
I     Practice spelling words
I     Sort letters ~ I have attached some a sorting and/or writing sheet to use. 

Tall letters (b, d, f, h, k, l, t)  - touch your head
Tummy letters (a, c, e, i, m, n, o, r, s, u, v, w, x, z) – touch your tummy
Toe letters (g, j, p, q, y) – touch your feet




PRINT ME FOR SOME "BODY LETTER" FUN!

Please leave a comment and/or share any other ideas that you would use "Body Letters" for in your classroom!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I love it and I am thrilled to have found your sight!

    www.akindergardeninbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your winter things; the mittens and snowman story writing are my favs. What a great way to get the kiddos to really add details to their stories and help them create a sequence to their story.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute clip art and absolutely wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this resource. Will definitely use after winter break with my far below basic little ones who need a whole lot of exposure to print/letters.

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace