Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CREEPY - CRAWLY THINGS!

We all love things that are creepy and crawly.  I know the kiddos do!!!  I am going to post my Insects & Bugs Centers.  Please be aware that there may be some pictures that are not for your viewing eyes.  Just skip past them and see what else we like do in our classroom. HE HE HE

One student in the center would pick a word and say it.  Two other students would try to see who could be the first one to slap the bug with the word on it.



The students completed the sentence, My butterfly sees...




The students will drop the bugs onto the jar.  Then they will add the 2 numbers together or subtract the bigger number from the smaller number.  I will have my recording sheet on my teacher website.  www.luv2teachk.shutterfly.com

The students will turn over a bug of each kind and write the word for the picture shown by sounding it out on his/her sheet.






YES....he is painting with a real worm.  I was not sure about this idea, but the kiddos LOVED it!  We made sure to wash the worms carefully each time.  Then we after the week was finished we let the worms go outside. 



After the students worm painting was dry, they traced and cut out a worm.  Then added a googly eye.  Too cute!

Amber

7 comments:

  1. Love the bug swatting sight word game! Where did you get your template? I tried finding it on shutterfly and I saw 2 pdfs ofthe baby bumblebee song and no template. :( I really want to make one today bug am not very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bug swatting game - I just used a card stock oval and traced it on half of a shower curtain. I added a little head, antenna, and some legs. Sorry no template! It really did not take that long. I used the other side of the shower curtain as a key board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used your fabulous post for our reading summer sight word game post @ theclassroomcreative. We were just bugs about it! Karen & Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is freaking awesome painting with real worms. I am a homeschooling mommy and we will be doing this in school very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I watered down the paint and then we washed the worms off right away and let them go in the dirt. This kids did love it!

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace